We've got lots of resources for people involved with adoption. Click here to find out more.
Are you an adopted adult or birth relative?
Are you searching
At After Adoption, we specialise in working with adopted adults and birth families to help them to understand the impact of adoption and the feelings you have around it. It is estimated that around 1 in 4 people in the UK are affected by adoption in some way so the first thing to remember about being involved with adoption is that you are not alone.
We can help you:
- Start the initial searching process
- Provide support and counselling to you during the process
- Approach any birth relatives that we may find
- Set up an initial meeting between you and your family members
Why come to us?
- We successfully found 83% of people we searched for last year
- We’re respectful of all people involved in the adoption process including those who may not want to be contacted
- We’re more likely to be sure we’ve found the right person
- We have 20 yrs experience of searching for relatives
Read more about people who have found relatives through After Adoption in the case studies on the right or contact or ActionLine on 0800 0 568 578 to start your search today.